CONTENT CREATOR AND OUTREARCH COORDINATOR
FOCUS ON THE GLOBAL SOUTH
Closing date : 15 March 2020
Focus on the Global South (http://focusweb.org) was founded in 1995 and is based at the Chulalongkorn University Social Research Institute (CUSRI) in Bangkok, Thailand. We are a non-profit, policy analysis, research and campaigning organisation, working in national, regional and international coalitions and campaigns, with peoples’ movements, grassroots and other civil society organisations, policy makers and academics on key issues confronting the global south. With offices in Bangkok, New Delhi, Manila and Phnom Penh, Focus’ main aims are to challenge neoliberalism and corporate-driven globalisation while strengthening democracy through just and equitable alternative policies
Focus is hiring for the Regional position of Content Creator and Outreach Coordinator
- Ensure the regular creation/production of content for Focus’ social media platforms, for the website, and regular publications such as articles, briefing notes and research papers
- Lead the creation/production of content into more updated and accessible forms such as infographics, digital posters and mini-videos
- Ensure that such products/outputs are created to mark and/or support key Focus activities and campaigns
- Work with the communications team in posting content on the website and other social media platforms and with a technical consultant on website maintenance.
- Update the team on emerging platforms and trends in communication
- Create links with media outlets and journalists in the Asia region, especially in countries that Focus works in
- Design and lead the execution of plans for disseminating Focus knowledge & communication outputs
- Work with other program staff and coordinate their initiatives for content design and creation
- Ensure that deadlines are met; as well as the timely release of outputs
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrable experience of skills in communications/ media (developing communication strategies, designing media outputs, establishing collaborations with journalists etc)
- Ability to manage communications work independently with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of social movements and other actors in Asia region
- Contacts with media outlets and journalists in the Asia region will be an added advantage;
- A consultative, participative and gender-sensitive approach to work;
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience;
- Ability to multi-task, working under pressure and set priorities. A track record of delivering on time;
- A strong commitment to social justice;
- Excellent team work skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally;
- Willingness to travel extensively, as required.
The Content Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director. The coordinator is expected to work closely with the Focus management team at various country offices
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The position is regional and can be based at the Focus offices either in Bangkok, Manila or New Delhi. It is offered initially for two years with a three-month probationary period. The Focus salary package is at par with similar research organisations and includes standard social benefits.
Interested candidates should email their resume with a brief covering letter at [email protected] by 15 March 2020. Please mention ‘Content Coordinator’ application in the subject line of the email. We will respond only to short-listed candidates.