The Regional Program Coordinator (RPC) will work closely with Focus’ Executive Director and Management Team. The main areas of work of the RPC are: 1) Anchor the preparation of reports and proposals to funders, and; 2) oversee the financial and administrative operations of the organization. Specific responsibilities include:
- Anchor preparation of reports and proposals to funders
- Facilitate and support the research, identification, and assessment of appropriate funding opportunities that are in line with Focus’ work and organizational principles
- Work with Focus staff in India, Thailand, Cambodia and Philippines to develop project proposals and budgets
- Coordinate communications and develop and maintain strong working relations with organizational donors
- In consultation with staff, prepare annual reports and project progress reports (narrative and financial) as well as other monitoring and evaluation requirements in accordance with donor criteria and deadlines
- Follow up with fundraising contacts towards the development of new project proposals
- Maintain knowledge of fundraising or grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures and other factors that may affect fundraising activities; disseminate information to staff on possible changes and on the impact of changes on funded projects/operations
- Oversee financial and administrative operations
- Work with Focus’ administration-finance teams to lead and strengthen the Focus finance and administrative team processes
- Monitor organizational cash flow to ensure that spending is in line with the organizational budget and project commitments
- Lead preparation of the organizational budgets and financial reports.
- Oversee Focus personnel procedures and documentation (updating contracts, terms of references, and other personnel records and documents)
- Provide support to the Executive Director in the coordination of the Management Team and staff-wide decisions for implementation.
Person Specifications and Qualifications
The candidate should have experience working with a large and diverse team of people located in different places, and have strong communication and planning abilities. The candidate should be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task as needed. Specific qualifications include:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in a relevant field. At least three years work experience at senior management level in relevant non-profit organisations within a regional or international context.
- Demonstrable experience in writing quality proposals and reports to donors, identifying and developing relationships with donors, and representing the organization to donors and potential donors
- Experience in fundraising and good working knowledge of grant making in the development sector
- Experience in financial management and organizational budgeting, as well as in dealing with auditors.
- Experience in contributing to the development of organizational policies and human resources processes.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-country, flexibly structured team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience working within a diverse team.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with travel as necessary.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills; knowledge of a major Southeast or South Asian language is an advantage.
- Excellent skill in synthesizing a large amount of information from various sources.
- Knowledge of current social, economic, and political issues in Asia, and a strong commitment to economic and social justice.
Location, Accountability, Compensation
This position is based in the Focus office in Bangkok.
Note on post location: In light of Covid-19 related travel restrictions, the location of the post will temporarily not be specified, (but preferably within Asia). And the successful applicant should be willing to relocate to Bangkok, once travel restrictions ease. The RPC reports to the Executive Director.
The post offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and good benefits.
Applications should be in English and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, writing sample and the contact details of three referees.
Please send applications by email to [email protected] with “Regional Program Coordinator” in the subject line by 15 July 2021. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Short-listed applicants will be contacted for an in-person interview. Where needed, a second interview may be scheduled. Applicants not shortlisted for interviewing will not be contacted.