About the position:
- Ensure the regular creation/production of content for Focus’ social media platforms, for the website, and regular publications such as articles, briefing notes and research papers
- Lead the creation/production of content into more updated and accessible forms such as infographics, digital posters and mini-videos.
- Ensure that such products/outputs are created to mark and/or support key Focus activities and campaigns.
- Work with the communications team in posting content on the website and other social media platforms and with a technical consultant on website maintenance.
- Update the team on emerging platforms and trends in communication.
- Create links with media outlets and journalists in the Asia region, especially in countries that Focus works in.
- Design and lead the execution of plans for disseminating Focus knowledge & communication outputs.
- Work with other program staff and coordinate their initiatives for content design and creation.
- Ensure that deadlines are met, as well as the timely release of outputs.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable experience of skills in communications/ media (developing communication strategies, designing media outputs, establishing collaborations with journalists etc.)
- Ability to manage communications work independently with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of social movements and other actors in Asia region
- Contacts with media outlets and journalists in the Asia region will be an added advantage;
- A consultative, participative and gender-sensitive approach to work;
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience;
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and set priorities. A track record of delivering on time;
- A strong commitment to social justice;
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally;
- Willingness to travel extensively, as required.
The Content Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director. The coordinator is expected to work closely with the Focus management team at various country offices
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The position is regional and based in the Focus office in Bangkok. Until the pandemic situation abates it will be remote.
It is offered initially for two years full time contract (5 days/week) with a three-month probationary period.
The Focus salary package is competitive (based on experience) and at par with similar research organisations and includes standard social benefits.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Interested candidates should email their resume with a brief covering letter at [email protected] by 15 July 2021. Please mention ‘Content Coordinator’ application in the subject line of the email. First round of applications closes by 15 July 2021. We will continue to consider applications until the position is filled. Applicants not shortlisted for interviewing will not be contacted.