About Focus on the Global South (Focus):
Based at the Chulalongkorn University Social Research Institute and with offices in Manila, Phnom Penh and New Delhi, Focus is an activist think tank that challenges neoliberalism and corporate-driven globalisation while strengthening just and equitable alternatives.
Focus is active from the local to international levels. We use many different approaches, including research, writing, debates, seminars, conferences, education/study programmes, network building, fact-finding missions, direct action, parliamentary testimonials, social forums, joint campaigns, and outreach to press-media.
The Finance and Accounts Officer will ensure the smooth and efficient running of Focus’ finances for Focus’ office in Bangkok. The Finance and Accounts Officer will take a lead in financial management but will have opportunities to be involved in other activities according to their interest and abilities.
Under the supervision of the Focus Executive Director and the Regional Finance Officer, the Finance and Accounts Officer will:
- Maintain basic books of accounts to reflect accurately the current financial status and ensure detailed records are kept, timely cash management is ensured and expenditure is in line with budgets.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing invoices and payments and manage the Focus bank account/s. Liaise with bank officials as necessary.
- Control disbursements and replenishment of a revolving fund.
- Maintain Bangkok staff salary records and ensure staff are paid on time.
- Handle Focus’ compliance with statutory requirements on taxation, social security, and others.
- Update inventory of office assets and equipment.
- Facilitate the conduct of the annual organisational audit in the Bangkok head office.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and financial reports for specific projects/activities including conferences.
- Prepare financial reports for internal use, for external audit, and for submission to funders.
- Make budgetary transfers to Focus’ country offices; keep requests, liquidation and other documentation for reporting purposes.
- Assist on budgetary and financial matters and perform related financial and accounting activities, including preparing Focus’ annual budget.
- Work closely with members of Focus’ finance-administration team and collaborate with finance officers in other Focus offices as needed.
- Support the establishment of due diligence and relevant organizational systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Native Thai and fluency in oral and writing English.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in Account or Finance.
- Proven work experience as a Finance and Accountant or similar role.
- Proficient in MS Excel and accounting software (Quickbooks).
- Good understanding of and experience in bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of international donor agency requirements and regulations will be a benefit.
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience with NGOs and/or an international organization.
The post offers a competitive salary with benefits, commensurate with experience. Focus on the Global South encourages a diverse work environment and women, LGBT, and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be in English and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the contact details of two referees. Please send applications by email to [email protected] with “Finance and Accounts Officer” in the subject line. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.