Focus on the Global South (Focus) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) with offices in Thailand, the Philippines and India. Focus combines policy research, advocacy, activism and grassroots capacity building to generate critical analysis and debates among social movements, civil society organisations, elected officials, government functionaries and the public on national and international policies related to corporate-led globalization, neoliberalism and militarization.
The Focus Philippines office is looking for a new Finance and Admin Assistant to assist with the daily finance and administrative needs of the team.
Under the supervision of the Philippines Head of Office, and in coordination with the Finance and Administrative Officer, the Finance and Admin Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- Take charge of release of funds and cash advances.
- Monitor and comply with the requirements of the different government entities such as BIR, SSS, HDMF, SEC and Philhealth.
- Facilitate the signing of checks and other important documents by authorized signatories.
- Provide assistance with the financial reporting for small-funded activities, as needed.
- Receive telephone calls and office visitors, answer general inquiries concerning office procedures, and refer matters requiring the attention of the Head of Office, Finance and Admin Officer and Program staff.
- Maintain calendar of scheduled events (e.g. conferences, meetings, book launches, etc.) and sees to it that required documents for the meetings and conferences are prepared and provided.
- Maintain an updated inventory and record of borrowers e.g. books and office equipment.
- Take charge of the maintenance of the Focus book/document collection and delivery/dissemination of Focus publications to pertinent offices, as needed.
- Provide general assistance in responding to coordination, communications, liaison and administrative logistical concerns.
- Make reservations and flight arrangements of staff/participants.
- Make inquiries, reservations and arrangement of meeting, conference, and workshop venues.
- Make inquiries, reservations and arrangement of accommodation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in providing administrative and financial support.
- Excellent program support skills, particularly in the areas of administration and finance.
- Proven experience in accounting and financial management.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated experience in working with NGOs.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
This is a full-time position based at Focus’ Philippines office in Quezon City. The post offers a salary commensurate with experience and comparable to those of other regional organisations.
Applications should be in English and include a cover letter, CV, and contact details of at least two referees. Please send applications to [email protected] with “Finance and Admin Assistant” in the subject line by 25 May 2018.